mercredi 23 octobre 2013

PIERRE-GILLES DE GENNES
PRIX NOBEL DE PHYSIQUE


We, the Seconde Scientifique did a research on a famous french physicist called Pierre Gilles de Gennes.Thanks to an audio clip of an interview done by Sydney Leach, we were able to discover with interest the life of this great scientist.

In this interview, Pierre Gilles de Gennes talked about his scientific success. He speaks about his affection for the sciences and about his experience of being a scientist himself.

" What type of studies did you do to become a physicist? ", the first question asked by Sydney Leach to Gennes.


" I did my preparatory classes in the Saint-Louis High School in Paris, then I joined “l'Ecole Normale Supérieure” , said Gennes. " I was interested in the sciences as much as in litterature. "

In 1971 Pierre Gilles de Gennes became a professor in “Collège de France.”

"At first, I was not a very good observer. It is later in the biology lab that I learnt to be precise in my observations", he explained.


It is in 1991 that he received the prestigious Nobel Prize in Physics for his passion for science and in particular for his dedicated work on liquid crystals and on polymers.

                                                                       - Bhuvan, Sai and SK

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire